Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thank you, Rosemary

Rosemary reminded me in her comment that the quilting pattern on my huge blue quilt looks like a design painted on the interstate underpass near my house.  She's right, of course!  I pointed it out to her once when she visited me.

This design has been there for years, apparently to cover up graffiti, and every time I drive by I fall in love with it again.  I once thought it could become a motif in my quilts, but never could figure out how to make that happen, and I abandoned that idea -- or so I thought.  Apparently it just bubbled up from the subconscious into my quilting.

Thanks for the reminder!  I hadn't made the connection myself.

1 comment:

  1. That's amazing, if I do say so myself. Yes, that's the motif I saw and also loved when we visited. It must have burned into my brain, for I recognized it instantly when I saw your quilting design. Amazing what lurks in the subconscious fog. And to think you didn't see it. Amazing, like I said. I think this connection; the motif, the quilting, the quick view in passing, then linking the shapes. Amazing. Did I already say that?

    ReplyDelete